Could you expand just a bit on Debian not backporting security fixes on ESR?
I thought that was the point of ESR (which I barely new it existed yesterday, might I add).

So Firefox 44 was out in early February (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefox_versions#Version_44). It's been nearly 6 month without any updates, since once a new version comes out, the earlier one isn't supported anymore (can't find again where I've read that yet).

But to my understanding, simply upgrading to version 45 (ESR) would have brought security fixes for 10 months or so.
Unless there's that backports thing I don't quite get.