> why those forums are for game development (with the exception of minetest and gbdev of which you should use the off topic fourm) as this is a competition in game development would it not be relevant?

Some of them are about very specific games, one is about HTML5 (JavaScript) games, one is for Gameboy games and sorry, I slightly misspoke: that first one just has so few people that it wouldn't be worthwhile.

> also do you know where i could get the tilemap for supertux/retux for use with tiled?

I'm not sure what you mean by "tilemap". If you mean the tilesets, they're included with ReTux and data/levels/base.tmx has them all included already.