On a trisquel post, there is some writing about trisquel being not updated likely because of lack of resources. I think trisquel is to small and to little and therefore a non effective system. I could ask fsf the following question. I do not because I do not want to bother them, if you can answer. From posts about eoma68, I get the impression that fsf's threshold for approval is, that no user gets non free software without knowing it and the user must himself get non free software on the computer if non free software is, what he wants, correct? What is it about installing debian 8 that it cannot get fsf approval? On a computer, until I got a free software wifi card, during installation it would ask for files to get lan cable ethernet and wifi to work. Likely that would be non free software files. Is that the problem? If a warning would display saying, that non free software may be required in order to get cable ethernet or wifi to work during installation, then debian could get fsf approval? Or there was an alternate debian iso, that would not accept non free cable ethernet or wifi card during installation, then it could get fsf approval? That would be a more effective track to get a fsf approved gnulinux distribution. After getting a free software wifi card, it still asks for a file to get cable ethernet to work. If I select wifi, wifi will work and I get a free software computer. If I then want to get non free software, I have to edit the sources list or install software-properties-gtk and mark non free sources. That does not happen without me noticing it.