I couldn't understand your question very well, but I know its subject to
some extent.

I'm *not* a member of the group responsible for evaluating system
distributions, but I can try to answer this question to some extent,
based on what I *currently* know (I might be wrong, please contact the
people responsible before considering this as truth).

As far as I can understand, Debian is not approved as free/libre system
distribution because it recommends non-[free/libre] functional data, or
repositories that *don't have the goal **and** accomplishment* of
including only free/libre functional data. There are other freedom
issues that I forgot, but gNewSense is a free/libre system distribution
that's based on Debian.