FYI Tehnoetic sells 5 types of WiFi 802.11n-compatible adapters. We will soon sell 1 more.

Of those we currently sell, 4 are USB-based, 1 is miniPCIe-based. As transparently specified on their respective product pages, of the 4 USB-based WiFi adapters, 3 work with the ath9k_htc free driver with free firmware, while 1 works with the carl9170 free driver with free firmware.

https://tehnoetic.com/adapters

Of the 3 that work with ath9k_htc, 2 are AR9271-based 150Mbps 802.11b/g/n-compatible, the difference between them being the external antenna/signal range, and 1 is AR7010+AR9287-based 300Mbps 802.11b/g/n-compatible!

https://tehnoetic.com/tehnoetic-wireless-adapter-gnu-linux-libre-tet-n150
https://tehnoetic.com/tet-n150hga
https://tehnoetic.com/tet-n300

The 1 that works with carl9170 (so the standard is indeed a draft 802.11n implementation and we now mention this, thank you ThinkPenguin for making the observation) is dual-band. We are selling this carl9170 adapter to come in the help of people in need of a dual-band solution at 300Mbps. In our tests we haven't encountered any compatibility issues with free system routers or with the city WiFi networks and it performed well. We also have one positive review on the product page and we have now asked our customers to reconfirm its compatibility and performance.

https://tehnoetic.com/tet-n300db

Each of our Tehnoetic WiFi adapters has its advantages and its use cases. While the TET-N150 Mini is conveniently small, the TET-N150HGA has the same chip but a larger signal range, and the TET-N300 is top of the class with 300Mbps capability. The TET-N300DB is dual-band and while carl9170 is an older driver, it is still maintained and improved. The TET-N450 is an ath9k-based dual-band at 450Mbps and best for X200 and T400 3-antenna laptops with GNU Libreboot Tehnoetic also sells. All these differences are reflected in the prices of the WiFi adapters we sell at Tehnoetic.

https://tehnoetic.com/tet-n450db
https://tehnoetic.com/tet-t400
https://tehnoetic.com/tet-x200

Buying from Tehnoetic supports the free software activism me and my colleagues at Fundația Ceata (organizer of Coliberator conference and fiscal sponsor of Parabola distribution) have been doing unpaid for 10 years now. Richard Stallman knows me well and in preparation for the LibrePlanet conference he has stated that I am a "committed and effective activist". (Dec 5 2015)