It's patronizing and maybe unfair to attribute Leah's comments to "problems" (personal, mental health, whatever), I think. I agree with you in principle though ... everyone has problems and goes through difficult times. Great, now I'm patronizing and unfair too.

Leah's allegation is more a conclusion than her version of the facts (I only know what I read in this topic). There's nothing substantive for the FSF to respond to. It doesn't tell us much that the FSF's conclusion is the opposite of Leah's, except that it is the opposite of Leah's.

I can't help but wonder whether there is more to this story.