I believe you are referring to "Safe browsing" in the first paragraph. I believe it is disabled by default in Abrowser. At least it is disabled here (but I may have disabled it by myself). See browser.safebrowsing.enabled in about:config (to be typed in the address bar).

As for the add-ons, they should always be free software. Abrowser proposes a catalog with free software add-ons exclusively. Free software add-ons (like any free software programs) are extremely unlikely to contain spyware. Well, they are extremely unlikely to contain any malware. Because the users are free to study the source code.