OK so while I'm still using this old low memory machine, I will need a few things, all as secure as possible, that I'd only use one at a time:

a chat program. I saw a message from SuperTramp about hexchat being better than pidgin for better security and less bloatware. Though I like Pidgin, if it's not very secure, I'll stay away from it.

I'll either keep Tor or IceCat, though it'd be interesting to try others I've seen mentioned that may be good. Browser security is VERY important to me- keeping the trackers, spies, etc. out. Ublock Origin would be great to add on, but Tor developers say not to, which I understand. If I'm that concerned about letting sneaky stuff in, and Ublock would block them so I don't have to worry that they snuck in before I could get NoScript to block them before the page loads, then I may need to either add it to Tor anyway or return to IceCat or similar.Tor changed their fonts- they're terrible for me. This may turn me away from it.

Then it comes down to an OS.

I may edit this later in case I need to add something important.