Thanks for this. I had browsed the wiki but hadn't had time yet to delve into the long "Home and Office" section. Looks like there's lots of good stuff there.

From the standpoint of promoting freedom, is it preferred not to watch flash videos at all (even using Gnash or lightspark?) If so then I will go to the extra trouble of trying to access non-flash video on those websites or searching for other websites that offer non-flash video.

"html5 video everywhere" was already an installed and enabled extension on Abrowser. Does it do good things from a promoting freedom standpoint? When I said I disabled the "html5-video-everywhere", I only disabled it for youtube. So I'm still watching html5 video on youtube, just not with the Firefox player implemented by "html5 video everywhere"

Will "html5 video everywhere" prompt websites with flash content to enable access to html5 as an alternative? I might disable Gnash and lightspark to find out.