There's no middle ground between free/libre software and
non-(free/libre) software. Although there are limits as to what even the
most purist free/libre software activist can achieve (see note), this
limitation doesn't mean that we free/libre software activists should
make the general public compromise in any middle-term within.

As an important observation, whether to use non-(free/libre) software for
personal activities is up to the user to decide, but we, free/libre
software activists should influence this decision only against the
compromise, not towards.

Note: Before bringing the "is your computer 'free/libre hardware'?"
argument please be aware that there's no computer with 100% free/libre
hardware design that is proven to be also certified with Respects Your Freedom.