"You do not "restrict the public's rights" by preventing it from doing something it neither needs nor wants to do." Other artists are not part of the public. Non-artists never have a desire to have something changed? Ever? They can't have someone else do it for them? Like me commissioning someone to make those new Mimi & Eunice episodes instead of doing it myself. (And now here I am using your terms of "artist", drawing a distinction between people.) Blech! I am sorry for that, people of the world.

"You must at least accept that an exact copy is not an original derivative work." I'm not talking of it in that way. Not only do we not same to be on the same page here we don't even seem to be in the same room. When I said that I was referring to things like art influencing art. I guess you didn't read that All Creative Work is Derivative link I provided earlier. If you won't even be reading the resources I point to there is probably no point in going on.