hi

I didnt have any authentification error.. but I still have error.. fix broken package first..could not apply changes.

I noticed this error message as well. ** (synaptic:28256): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-APtBDtO5W5: Connection refused
 when I enter sudo synaptic..

It looks like I cannot authentificate from system gui menu..password is always wrong..but I can from command line sudo synaptic.

i got this error too but when I hit refresh a second time, these errors don't appear again:
Could not download all repository indexes

The repository may no longer be available or could not be contacted because of network problems. If available an older version of the failed index will be used. Otherwise the repository will be ignored. Check your network connection and ensure the repository address in the preferences is correct..

E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
E: Unable to correct dependencies
E: Unable to lock the list directory

Thank you