The others mentioned are:

- Mapping (OpenStreetMap), although I don't know if the server software
  is free/libre and allows descentralized/federated communication with
  other service providers by default.

- Resources that can be used to provide websites (Joomla, Drupal) and
  storage (NextCloud), although not social networks, and not even
  descentralized/federated.

- As for instant communication, XMPP would be the best bet for everyone
  now (see [1][2]), it even supports messaging to mobile/SMS through an
  external service provider ([3]).

[1]
<https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/the-free-software-movement-in-the-age-of-trump/>
 (under CC BY-SA 4.0).