I have decided to stay on Trisquel 7 for the following reasons.

      * easy for non-technical users
      * good community
      * FSF uses it
      * My email provider, more reliable than my laptop, uses T6
      * doesn't use a different, misleading definition of "free"
      * doesn't talk about how you can add nonfree software

About other distros --

Parabola

      * requires unnecessary work from non-technical users
      * worse community: no forum, and some developers left to make
        Hyperbola
      * 64-bit only (I have an X60)
      * sometimes a free package will be removed because they're too
        lazy to make a free version of its plugin repository, and
        your-freedom won't let me add it back
      * they remove free software for other tiny reasons that could just
        be corrected instead of removing the whole frickin package

Debian

      * they include Chromium-derived code, which is spyware, and might
        not be fully free (Chromium-derived code is being used in LOTS
        of programs, BTW, so it's hard to avoid)
      * they neuter Emacs because of the stupid FDL disagreement
      * they always talk about how to install nonfree software
      * their Firefox browser is loaded with ads, asks you about
        installing DRM, and has Pocket, a free interface that runs a
        nonfree JavaScript program inside itself, and a service I just
        don't want
      * the community sucks, because they are always eager to suggest
        Skype to you or help you install it, and I don't want to put new
        users in that position
      * it uses a different definition of 'free', so I can't always
        trust them to be compliant with what GNU considers free

gNewSense

      * small/no community

GuixSD

      * no GUI installer
      * disk encryption is harder than on Parabola
      * Missing packages: I can't reproduce my workflow on it yet

Gentoo

      * community not focused on free software
      * nonfree software can sometimes slip through the license
        screening
      * compiling stuff stresses my old hardware
      * Chromium code
      * Ad-ridden Firefox

Fedora

      * nonfree kernel
      * Chromium code
      * community not focused on free software
      * their Firefox probably has Pocket and other junk

--
Caleb Herbert
OpenPGP public key: http://bluehome.net/csh/pubkey