> * I find almost every package I need on parabola repos. Anything that is not
> there is usually available in AUR (just need to carefully check licenses and
> makepkg files). Never had a problem with "your-freedom" either. Can you give
> some examples?

RetroArch is available.  Some emulators, in the form of addons, are
proprietary, and some are free software.  When I tried to install one of
the emulators that were free software according to Debian, it gave an
error.

I later looked in the Parabola PKGBUILD for RetroArch.  I saw that they
completely removed any connection to the addon repository on RetroArch's
website, and they provided no free replacement.  They just neutered the
software completely.  I could not run free ROMs in the emulator, and I
could not experimenting with writing my own free ROMs either.

If the addon repo for a program is not good, you should provide a free
replacement.  You shouldn't just rip it out.

I don't remember if there were other programs they did this with, but to
see what they did in the package build soured me.  They prevented me
from accessing a free program.

> * I don't follow things closely, but it does not seem to me that Parabola
> devs are lazy at all. Quite the contrary. Take a look at
> https://labs.parabola.nu. All bugs I've encountered are quickly resolved.

I never said they were lazy, I'm just afraid Parabola is going to go
into disrepair because some major devs left to start their own pet
project.

> As to the other distros, I have limited experience. I find Debian to be solid
>
> and can easily be configured to whatever my needs are.

I don't want Chromium code to creep in.  There is a controversy over
whether it is free.

> Trisquel is great and better for most gnu/linux newcomers. I enjoy Trisquel's
>
> community too, but that is  unrelated to which other distros I play or work
> with, or whether I even use Trisquel.

Dogfood.

--
Caleb Herbert