I've had a chance to try some of the features that are supposed to be different from Trisquel.

(1) mate configuration and control center
The default mate configuration is indeed better than Trisquel's. WIN launches a menu with items grouped into "system," "places," and "applications", plus a search bar that can launch applications. Uruk Control Center looks nice and is intuitive.

(2) package manager simulator
Runningsudo pacman -S icecatinstalled IceCat as expected, so that feature works, although I don't see a use for it.

(3) installing from source
Tested with this.u-src youtube-viewer-3.3.1.tar.gzgets stuck atchmod: cannot access 'configure': No such file or directory
sudo: ./configure: command not found
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target 'install'.  Stop.
/usr/bin/u-src: 14: cd: can't cd to pwd
rm: cannot remove 'youtube-viewer-3.3.1': No such file or directory

(4) guix installer
Did not work, as described in my previous comment.

(5) being finished
I'm not sure how Uruk 2 can be considered out of beta, or even out of alpha, when it has all of the same missing and broken packages as Trisquel 8 alpha.