If I recall correctly, isn't GNU IceCat constantly being updated also in
Trisquel?

I noticed this to be true because when I inspect the version of the
package in the repositories, I get the same version I'm using now from
GNU Guix. So I vote for sticking with GNU IceCat from Trisquel.

Alternativelly, you can go the longer route: after installing Trisquel,
install GNU Guix package manager, and from it install GNU IceCat.

Comparing the common advice of adding a repository/PPA to your package
manager, and the GNU Guix way suggested above: the second has the
advantage of having GNU FSDG-committed repositories and community by
default, having focus on reproducibility and a free/libre software
community.

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com