Reasonable question! Regarding the component, I was trying to show you via RMS speaking that he sometimes mentions the problem with Free/Libre Hardware. The challenges with it, that it seems to me that you don't realize.

Regarding using Youtube, there are several ways to view Youtube videos without using Youtube. One can download teh video using an app called "youtube-dl" one can also stream the video using "VLC". I believe both these methods deal with the Non-Free javascript execution problem with Youtube.