I'm on the fence here, in that I'm not a fan of Amazon or Google, but I don't know that this is a software freedom issue. I would have a problem with the Amazon search engine being built into the desktop environment Ubuntu-style, as I would consider that an endorsement, but one-click search engines seem like a reasonable feature for a web browser. Note that you are free to add and remove search engines.

Amazon's and Google's search engines can be used without any proprietary software if you don't allow their JavaScript, and there are reasons you might choose to use them. For instance, while I refuse to buy from Amazon I will use their search engine to discover books to buy from other vendors.

The fact that Google and Amazon (among other evils) create some proprietary software doesn't necessarily mean that everything associated with them must be avoided. There are ways in which free software benefits from Google. For example, enough of Android is free software that it was easier to fork it to create a mostly libre mobile OS (LineageOS) which was then forked to create an entirely libre mobile OS (Replicant) than it would have been to create Replicant from scratch. GNU Lilypond regularly participates in and benefits from Google Summer of Code. Google also does harmful things, but that isn't a reason not to take advantage of ways to benefit from them that don't compromise our freedom. They certainly don't mind taking advantage of ways to benefit from us!

Trisquel shouldn't actively promote these companies and certainly shouldn't include any of their proprietary software, but I'm not sure whether supporting their search engines is outside of Trisquel's policies.

Perhaps you should report this as an issue with the 'branding' tag just to make sure that the developer is aware, and they'll determine whether or not it should be removed.