Iceweasel is a Firefox derivative.

I know, and I was not suggesting adding it to Trisquel. As I said, I was using it as an example that it does not have to be a free software issue for it to be addressed (as a response to Mason's comment).

FallbackDNS must be defined to nothing to really not have a fallback

I understand now and have not tested it. I suppose if the maintainer says so then that would be the safest bet apart from testing.

So, well, it is not a grave problem

I've followed the whole discussion on the Debian bug report since '14. It is not as grave as many other things, though I am amazed at the intransigence and tone taken by a few on the "it's not a bug, it's a feature" camp.