lc...@dcc.ufmg.br wrote:
I have not understood a specific part of your post: what you meant by "games don't typically require the degree of compatibility other software requires".  That is why I quoted that small excerpt and asked "What do you mean?"... and, despite your answer, I still do not understand.

I thought that was clear in the original context. I'll explain again: Nobody loads a file into a game in the way they commonly load files into spreadsheets, word processors, and other similar programs for which work is typically done.

There are also other issues which I think I've explained clearly that are more likely to affect older software.