> What do you suggest?

Unfortunately I have no suggestion for a browser that is both as www-compatible as FF and fairly lightweight and security/privacy respecting. The closest I came with was Midori (yes, it shows it's age and orphanage) for general web browsing, Qupzilla (eith its non-free dependencies and KDE direction) for the rather difficult sites, and a FF fork (possibly Tor) for the most difficult sites. I do accept it's not a perfect compromise, but it's the best I can do.

And no, neither have I time to fiddle with entrails of a browser, so I will just stick to off-the-shelf solutions, save some critical user settings.