Continuation 2:

> "To fix this, add

SHELL=/bin/bash

at the top of Makefile and try again.

$ sudo make install

That worked! Now let's try to run the program."

When I did that I got this output: https://pastebin.com/iBQcPakF

To me that doesn't look the regular "it worked" message. Usually when I am installing something the terminal goes "these new packages will be installed Y/n?" and maybe some loading etc. But allright, I'll go along :)

> That worked! Now let's try to run the program.

$ playonlinux
No module named wxversion

When I did "$ playonlinux" I got this: https://pastebin.com/haPf3EJ6

and the program actually launched. I don't know if the program launched for you at this point, but yeah it doesn't look right with the "Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "topmenu-gtk-module"" messages.

I searx'd "Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "topmenu-gtk-module" and what do you know, there is a package called "canberra-gtk-module". So I installed that I tried again, and got: https://pastebin.com/RsqasTuB

The same message, but now without the "Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"". So I searx'd "Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "topmenu-gtk-module"" and the first result is this: https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/gtk-message-failed-to-load-module-topmenu-gtk-module/4964

I was not able to extract something clear from that thread. But I followed one of the persons' suggestion to go and search for "topmenu-gtk" in synaptic package manager. There I found "topmenu-gtk-common", "topmenu-gtk2" and topmenu-gtk3". All of them not installed. So I just installed them all.

I run "$ playonlinux" once again and the terminal outputs this: https://pastebin.com/fsKY8eFT

and the program launches yet again. This seems kind of nice to me. I don't like the "/usr/bin/playonlinux: line 1: -e: command not found" line though. I don't know what that supposed to mean.

But the program launches though ! :)