>  I thought the license name was a free text field.

I was partly mistaken. If you select "Other" you are indeed given a text field in which to enter a different license. However, as you say, most free addons are probably under one of the seven licenses listed, and anyone using one of these licenses would be unlikely to bother clicking "Other" and typing out the license in a different format. As a result, most free addons have a machine-readable license statement.

It's true that the yes/no dialog in free-addons would not be needed to automatically reject all licenses other than those seven, but it only takes seven yes's to accept them all, at which point your yes/no dialog works well for dealing with the handful of other free licenses.

Mozilla requires developers who select "Other" to upload the text of their license, which is available at

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/[name of addon]/license

so I tried out in addition to your y/n options adding a 'v' option to view the text of the license and an 'o' option to add only the current addon without accepting other addons with the same license statement. This might help with situations like HTTPS Everywhere. The text for HTTPS Everywhere is

HTTPS Everywhere:
Copyright © 2010-2018 Electronic Frontier Foundation and others
Licensed GPL v2+
HTTPS Everywhere Rulesets (src/chrome/content/rules):
To the extent copyright applies to the rulesets, they can be used according to
GPL v2 or later.
Issue Format Bot (utils/issue-format-bot/*):
Copyright © 2017 AJ Jordan, AGPLv3+
The build system incorporates code from Python 3.6
Copyright © 2001-2018 Python Software Foundation; All Rights Reserved

from which one can determine that the addon is free and add HTTPS Everywhere without accepting "Multiple" for other addons.

I'm having a little with your script and the MIT/X11 License. I am prompted to accept or reject "MIT\u002FX11 License", and accepting it does add it to pop-n-free/accept, but at the next X11 addon it appears not to find it in the list of accepted licenses. "MIT\u002FX11 License" gets added to pop-n-free an additional time each time I accept it and is never recognized as having already been accepted. It seems like it might have something to do with '/'? Is it a locale thing?