> When scrolling down on any webpage, crappy ones like Facebook, or just a
> DuckDuckGo search results page, as you scroll down rendering the page
> cleanly  fails. If you stop, and then scroll slowly up, the rendering clears
> up.

Sounds like this bug.

https://trisquel.info/en/issues/23853

I'm not sure what the cause is or why it only affects some users. The
problem doesn't happen for me with regular Firefox, only Abrowser. I
don't see any difference between the default settings for these browsers
that could be causing the problem.

My latest thought was that since Firefox comes bundled with its
dependencies, the problem might not be with Abrowser itself but with one
of its dependencies as packaged in Trisquel. That might explain why you
did not have this problem with Trisquel 7, since I'm pretty sure that
Trisquel 7 and 8 have the same version of Abrowser. Can you confirm that
I understand correctly that you did not have this problem with Abrowser
until you upgraded to Trisquel 8?