Here's my workaround, which only works with an official Win10 installation and the original hardware of the host computer (mine is a refurbished Lenovo T420). The end result is an intact unaltered computer that will run either its original Windows or
the Trisquel flidas operating system, now in a USB-connected external HDD:

1. Remove the Win10's SSD from the T420 and replace with a blank HDD (mine is 1TB).

2. Install TQ8 on the newly installed HDD, using the USB flash drive that has the
   TQ8 installation software on it (guard this dongle with your life !).

3. Place the orphaned Win10 SSD in a 2-1/2 inch USB caddy.

4. Connect the USB caddy and restart the T420; TQ8 will recognize the Win10 but
   won't do any more than list the contents of the Win10 SSD.

5. In TQ8 run sudo update-grub to create a boot loader for both operating systems.

6. Change the T420's BIOS setting for boot order so the external USB-connected drive will be recognized first; for my T420 the setting is "USB HDD ASMT 2115."

7. Power off the T420 and swap the two drives again, so the TQ8 HDD is in the USB
   caddy and the Win10 SSD is back in the T420.

8. Restart the T420; you will see GRUB and the choice of the two operating systems.

9. Either OS will now boot up with no further hassle.

10.You can set up a Data folder in the Win10 SSD into which you can place files
   on which you can do further processing with TQ8 after restarting into that
   preferred, superior operating system that is free of proprietary software.

11.I recommend keeping the Win10's Internet connection "off" and using only the
   TQ8's Internet connection.

12.This procedure leaves the Win10 operating system and internal hardware unchanged;
   the T420 is still the way it came from the refurbisher's factory.

George Langford