jxself you have my props and kudos and appreciation.

Thatoo don't worry, just have patience and we'll see.
Most (All?) chinese ARM SoCs "boot on" u-boot.

chaosmonk Doesn't every recent AMD/Nvidia graphic card require proprietary firmwares for 3D accel? How this works out? "freedom-wise" every ARM device is better than Intel/AMD (no ME, PSP, FSP...)

Fun fact: that wifi chip in the Pinebook Pro may not work with any linux distro (android only).

EVERY device that runs Trisquel you stick PCI or USB card if you want WI-FI period.
And PCI or USB ports are designed to stick in and out peripherials.

There are Single Board Computers with the same RK3399
https://forum.armbian.com/forum/33-rockchip-3399/