> Well, because when I disable javascript I can't read the comments.
> think in mobile for example you can only read the first comments, if you
> want to "scroll down the comments" you need Javascript again.

Invidious uses JavaScript to load more comments without having to leave
the page, so it's true that you can only see the first page of comments
when JavaScript is disabled. However, this JavaScript is free software
from Invidious, being used to load comments stored on Invidious's
server. It is not the proprietary JavaScript on YouTube that loads
comments stored on Google's servers.

In order to get comments and other information from YouTube, Invidious
does scrape YouTube's Javascript, but I don't think that it actually
executes the JavaScript, so you shouldn't have to run any proprietary
software to run your own Invidious instance.