Hi Zangisharp,

Thanks for your response. I need the auto-sync to be frictionless and can accept that the content is not stored encrypted as long as it does not use a centralized, data-mined service and is encrypted when transmitted (e.g. ssh, ssl, vpn tunnel).

What I intend to do seems to be stock with the main corporate players, but I'm unwilling to use their proprietary apps and data-mined services.

I'm extremely surprised nobody in the free software community would find the need to keep files auto-synched between mobile devices and desktops/laptops outside of a LAN.

I'm willing to sacrifice the extra battery drain; If every user needs to sync manually on every change (these files change often), it makes the system prone to human error and untrustworthy.

Saludos libres,
fbit