Here is the answer from the Libreboot chat.

> A: you need to get familiar with CBFS. "yourrom" means "your rom" = what you have installed
installed = flashed

> ME: *kindly askes for further details / explanations*

> B: just leave it be if you're not willing to do your own research, "A" pointed you in the right direction.

> A: "yourrom" means "your rom" = what you have installed

Then there were some further comments that fall under "trolling" in my book, but maybe I am wrong and the answer is hidden somewhere between the line:

> A: you could also say that by installing something, you "put it in" to the box you call a computer. If you put something in, and the box did not belong to a quantum physicist, you can usually take it out again.

Seems, the Libreboot community doesn't really help here. So I repeat my question I posted in that (kind of hostile) chat:

I'd like to change my boot background image. I found a thread in the trisquell forum saying "cbfstool yourrom.rom ..." does the trick. Alas, I don' know where to find yourrom.rom. Any pros around who can explain this to ppl that aren't familiar with the whole Libreboot matter?