UPDATE 3

Success!

I downloaded the software from Github (https://github.com/pdewacht/brlaser.git), and followed the instructions on how to compile and install the program found within the file 'README.md'. After the program was compiled and installed, I proceeded to print a test page which did not produce the desired result. As the instructions for the software noted, CUPS might be needed to restarted, which I promptly did.

After restarting the computer, I went to 'System-> Administration-> Printers', which opened the 'Printer Properties' window where I tried to print another test page, but, again, had no success. Looking within the 'Printer Options' setting, I noticed that the Resolution was '1200HQ'. I changed this, to '600 DPI', and then proceeded to print another test page, and....it worked!

I will now try printing different file formats to see if they do print as well, but, so far I am impressed that I have finally found a printer that now uses free software (GPLv2)!