> I've only used Mullvad with OpenVPN. I'm VERY new to Linux and honestly
> could never figure out how to install the app. I would give it a try if I
> knew how to install it.

https://github.com/mullvad/mullvadvpn-app/releases/download/2018.6/MullvadVPN-2018.6_amd64.deb

I have found that newer versions don't work with Trisquel's default
kernel, but this version should work.  If you have Gdebi installed, then
clicking this link in Abrowser should launch Gdebi and offer to install
the package.  If for some reason you don't have gdebi installed, you can
install the package from a terminal like this:

$ wget
https://github.com/mullvad/mullvadvpn-app/releases/download/2018.6/MullvadVPN-2018.6_amd64.deb
$ sudo dpkg -i MullvadVPN-2018.6_amd64.deb