> I never thought of that, but I bet you're right. I just don't mess
> around in TOR at all.

Why not?  While a VPN is better for some uses (Tor is unsuitable for
BitTorrent for example), in most situations Tor is better.  With a VPN,
you have a single point of failure.  Your IP address and web traffic are
both visible to the VPN, which is enough to identify you even if you
avoid payment records by paying Mullvad with cash, and like with all
VPNs we have only their word that they don't keep logs.  With Tor, only
the entry node sees your IP address and only the exit node sees your
traffic, so an attacker would need to attack both nodes at once in order
to identify you.

> I'll have to see how to boot to a USB as I haven't done that since I
> installed libreboot and not sure if its the typical F12 at boot to get
> into boot options.

With libreboot you press 'u'.  At least that's how it works on my X60
and X200.