All of the reference I can find online to you error message are kind of old, and the version of Linphone in Trisquel 8 is kind of old. It's possible that a newer version will work better. I have backported Trisquel 9's version of Linphone to Trisquel 8.[1] At tomorrow's meeting I will ask quidam to merge my MR and build the new version of Linphone. I'll let you know when it's done. After that, if you go to Software & Updates and make sure that the backports repository is enabled, you'll be able to install this newer version of Linphone and see if that fixes the bug. If not, we'll keep trying.