The same problem apparently occurs whatever the version of the kernel: besides version 4.15, I tried versions 4.4 (Trisquel 8's default) and 5.4 (from jxself's APT Repository for Linux-libre). I am on AC-power and the battery is plugged. There is no file /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/bios_limit. I have written 1 in /sys/module/processor/parameters/ignore_ppc: no effect. 100 in /sys/devices/system/cpu/intel_pstate/min_perf_pct: no effect either. According to lm-sensors, the temperature of the cores, about 50°C, is not high, defined as 80°C.

I am running out of ideas...