Hi Jonas,

ich bin ja nicht so Skype/Chat-affin, weshalb meine Einschätzung kaum als
Referenz dient.
Vor langer Zeit hab ich mal kopete (KDE) getestet und unter Gentoo kan man ja
dank der USE-Flags sich sehr Einfach der Kritikpunkte (siehe auch Wikipedia)
entledigen.
Hier mal Info für alle, damit sie in etwa wissen wie sowas aussehen könnte.

equery u kde-base/kopete
[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[        : I - package is installed with flag     ]
[ Colors : set, unset                             ]
 * Found these USE flags for kde-base/kopete-4.10.2:
 U I
 + + addbookmarks  : Automatically add incoming urls to bookmarks.
 + + autoreplace   : Automatically replace selected text
 + + contactnotes  : Enables writing personal notes for contacts.
 - - debug         : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra
output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see
                     http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
 - - gadu          : Enable the Gadu protocol handler.
 - - groupwise     : Enable the Groupwise protocol handler.
 + + handbook      : Enable handbooks generation for KDE4.
 + + highlight     : Allows you to specify highlights on specific events.
 + + history       : Enables saving chat history.
 + + jingle        : Enables voice calls for jabber
 - - latex         : Embed latex formatted text into messages.
 - - meanwhile     : Enable the Sametime protocol handler.
 - - msn           : Enable "Windows live messenger" protocol support.
 + + nowlistening  : Shows song you currently listen to in your status/etc.
Bindings for many players.
 - - oscar         : Enable Oscar (AIM/ICQ) IM protocol support
 - - otr           : Allows crypting your chat (drugs and talking nonsense are
considered as good alternatives ;]).
 + + pipes         : Send messages to external pipe.
 + + privacy       : Filter for incoming messages
 - - qq            : enable support for the Chinese network protocol.
 - - skype         : Enable Skype protocol handler (not fully functional yet).
 + + sms           : Enable SMS sendinge functionality.
 + + ssl           : Adds support for Secure Socket Layer connections
 + + statistics    : Everybody loves statistic graphs, especially cake ones. ;]
 - - testbed       : Enable the testbed protocol.
 + + texteffect    : Various fancy text effects for your messages (don't ever
consider writing us with this enabled ;]).
 + + translator    : Translate incoming and outgoing messages.
 + + urlpicpreview : Enables in conversation pictures preview.
 + + v4l           : Enable support for video4linux (using linux-headers or
userspace libv4l libraries)
 - - webpresence   : Show your status and some more information on web.
 + + winpopup      : Enable pop-up messages sending on windows. (same as good
old "net send" messages ;])
 + + xmpp          : Enable support for Extensible Messaging and Presence
Protocol (XMPP) formerly known as Jabber
 - - yahoo         : Enable yahoo protocol support.
 + + zeroconf      : Enable Link-Local Messaging via the bonjour protocol.

Gruß, Andy.