Hi David
I am about the same place in understanding as you are, I have not  been able
form any practical examples in my mind yet.

I did an electronics course many years ago where Boolean Algebra is used to
understand how digital microchips operate but I didn't have a deep
understanding of it then because I was more into analogue devices.

See this page here for diagrams as to how AND, OR and other types of gates
work, it's not that difficult to understand.
http://www.opamp-electronics.com/tutorials/digital_theory_ch_007.htm

Boolean algebra is different to the type of mathematical algebra as most
children in school are taught or used to be.

It is used in computers, that's how they work, in this type of algebra Dennis
is using there are only 2 possible values for any quantity or arithmetic
operation and that is 1 or 0 or you could put it as True or False, there is no
other result it's either 1 or 0, computer chips use this.

There are a few types of these gates or ways of operating in this science, OR,
NOR, AND, NAND, NOT types.

At the moment I have learnt enough, I am going back to study the theory again,
I am also going back to the talk which started all this Level 2 of TROM and
pick it up from there.
Dennis only uses a few examples of the X+Y sort of thing and from that I hope
to get my first understanding of how He is using this Boolean algebra for
explaining how the mind or spiritual postulates work.
Best
Mike