Hi Jurgen

Thanks, I am starting to see  how an understanding of this subject can give a
much deeper understanding of how this all fits together, mind/spirit, it's
stretching the limits of my mind at the moment but should be a fruitful
endevour.

Best

Mike

  Hi Mickel and others,

  Let me share my knowledge with you on basic boolean algebra and since we are
in an age where computers are the norm sooner or later more people will learn
about logic.

  Lets keep to the basic and introduce the 2 operations that Dennis also uses,
AND and OR.

  AND

  The AND operation is written as a dot '.' and works as follows:

  A . B
  0 . 0 = 0
  1 . 0 = 0
  0 . 1 = 0
  1 . 1 = 1

  So only when both A and B are 1 is the output 1. Let me show the '.' (dots)
In the equation that Dennis gave us:
  x.y + x.(1-y) + y.(1-x) + (1-x).(1-y) = 1

  OR

  The OR operation is written as a plus '+' and works as follows:

  A + B
  0 + 0 = 0
  1 + 0 = 1
  0 + 1 = 1
  1 + 1 = 1

  So if only one of them is 1 the output already becomes 1. You can see the
plus signs in the equation:
  x.y + x.(1-y) + y.(1-x) + (1-x).(1-y) = 1

  INVERSE or NOT operation

  Dennis writes the NOT operation simply as (1-x) but could be written as Ó¯,
that is a character with a - on top.
                                                   _ _
  (1-x).(1-y) is the same as writing  x.y

  It's operation is just to make a 0 a 1 and a 1 a 0.

  Ok, that is it for now, hope it helps some of you to understand logic a
little bit better.

  Best
  Jurgen