Hi Pul and Xriz
  While the story of volcanos and atomic bombs would be  one time event there
is another source of a "wall of fire" mass extinction that happened several
time in earth past.

An asteroid impact will cause a massive shockwave followed by a wall of fire
and rain of hot debris that will torch forests and create a dust cloud the
shades the surface of the planet for many years.
12,900 years ago a comet, which is a mass of gravel and ice hit the area of
Canada. it was large enough to melt the glaciers here. the shock wave and heat
killed all the large animals like mammoth and saber tooth tigers and men that
lived in North America.  There was a world wide civilization that produced
precision stone work that was wiped out.  A new ice age ensued and at the end
of that only a myth of Atlantis remained.

There is comet debris in America and Europe that proves this happened.

Assuming that these events happen periodically there would be a number of
beings with this common engram of a massive disaster involving a shocking
explosion, wall of fire, and death.

What do you think?

Sincerely
Pete