Hi Pete,

Let's see what I can do to further illuminate this situation.

On Jan 23, 2013, at 11:44 AM, trom-requ...@lists.newciv.org wrote:

Hi all

In the TROM manual Dennis states the following:

"As a male, he soon starts to get opposed to females, and vice- versa. Very soon he is in a terrible state on the subject, for the two genders are not intrinsically in opposition to each other. </p>

You end up with a classic case of cross-packaging. We find the male desperately asserting his masculinity, while heavily suppressing any feminine characteristics in his personality, and vice-versa for the female. The whole subject soon takes on the quality of a nightmare, and becomes one big unsolvable problem. And it stays this way until the being regains his full freedom of choice to occupy, at will, any one of the four classes available to him on the subject".?

I am confused by the first sentence in the second paragraph. How is this a classic case of Cross-Packaging?? it is a classic case of compulsive games play but I don't see how it is cross packaging.

What I get out of the label of Cross-Packaging is that a male and then too a female, may both have a games condition with the other/ opposite sex. Each would have one to several games conditions towards the opposite sex, a games condition for several aspects of the opposite sex. In other words a games condition concerning the way the opposite sex talks, the way they act, the way they dress, the things they like or dislike, the way they act or react to the opposite sex, what is important and not important. I would then say that between two opposite sex persons, they may both have these types of opposed ways of looking at the other and when you have two opposite sexes where each has their own personal opposed games conditions towards the other, simply because the other is the opposite sex then one viewing this set-up between the two will see a 'Cross-Packaging'.

That's what I get out of the characterization.

Anyone have an idea?

Sincerely
Pete

Paul, Level 5 in progress