Hi Paul
Here are two quotes from the TROM manual.
"I ran step two absolutely flat and achieved much more case gain --- serenity,
enormous mental calmness. (I can become completely and utterly calm at a
moment's notice). At this point, I abandoned the use of the meter, because my
own sense of what was happening in my mind was equal to what the E-meter could
tell me. I would know before the meter gave it's read, look at it, realize what
the read was, spot it, and the read would go off the meter."

The Skin Galvanometer
"If you possess such a device, and know how to use it, then it can assist you
to determine when an exercise is no longer producing change. The meter no
longer registers significant change.
However, the device is by no means essential, for a being is entirely capable
of relying upon his own estimation of change.
Even if you do use a skin-galvanometer you will soon outstrip its usefulness,
and will find it registering no change even though your senses clearly tell you
that change is occurring. Thus, in the final instance, you are thrown back upon
your own perception of these things.
However, if you do use a skin-galvanometer to help you early on, then abide by
what it tells you. If you know how to use it, the device will not let you down.
Early on, the device is more sensitive than your perception; later, your
perception is more sensitive than the device."

Sincerely
Pete

Sent from my iPad