"IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS LIFE" ... and that's all we were and ever will
be truly ... simply Life, Life with an urge. Before I convinced myself that
I am the limited self who I am today I was simply life with an urge to know
itself ... to experience.

Then Life with an urge to know itself accumulated ideas about how Life
should be and Life needed time to play that out, and life decided it needed
a "time-bank" for all these accumulated ideas and roles. This is what we
call our MIND -- the mind - or artificial intelligence - that holds all the
past from the moment we had our first intention to try out some idea.

Then Life began to rely more and more on our minds' calculations of how
Life should be, and Life became more and more fixated and limited and,
worse, HUNG-UP ON OPPOSING IDEAS ABOUT HOW LIFE SHOULD BE. Now
compulsiveness, neurosis and even insanity began to manifest as part of
Life's experience.

So, you see, the secret to regaining a measure of our freedoms for the
pursuit of our happiness (one of our American Constitutional rights, by the
way) is to employ effective methods of contemplation and self-enquiry that
have us look square at our minds' accumulated hang-ups and unfix ourselves
from them and end the identification with our mind of ideas of how life
should be and return to our more expansive state of Life, albeit much wiser
for having known more about Life and what we as Life is capable of.

Then we can freely pursue our best and truest interests without fixations
and hang-ups and compulsive non-Life goals, and improve ourselves and
attain to that joy of competency, knowing that we are fulfilling Life's
urge to fully experience itself.

love,
colleen