Glenn,

Agreed. But just because we are freed from legalism does not mean we are freed from obeying God’s commandments. It does not mean we are free to sin.

Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 9:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Faith vs. Works

I can avoid all sins of co-mission/action.   I can absolutely perfectly refrain from committing overt sins.   I cannot be absolutely perfect in all of the sins like; absolute perfect love, absolute perfect peace, absolute perfect faith.  Sin is much deeper than not committing adultery, etc,.  It has to do with character.  NO ONE has perfect absolute God the Father character.  I don't believe Christians have absolute perfect love, absolute perfect peace and absolute perfect faith.  Be ye perfect as God the Father is perfect.  I believe in holiness but not perfectly holy as God the Father is holy.

Now we can get into another subject.  God sees us as perfect through his Son Jesus Christ.  The doctrine of imputed righteousness.  The book of Galatians freed me from legalism.

Glenn,
Which sin, exactly, is it that you do not believe that you can avoid committing?

Izzy