[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Agreed, the question, "Does it bring spiritual edification and does it honor Christ" is vital.  This is where the Holy Spirit comes in the direct us when the Bible is silent.  The "argument from silence" is to be understood against making "silence" a prohibition and condemning others when the Bible does not do so.  In opinions, liberty.  WE ARE FREE TO DIFFER WHEN THE BIBLE IS SILENT.  The Holy Spirit might prohibit me from doing something and not prohibit you from doing the same thing...AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T BRING REPROACH TO THE CAUSE OF CHRIST.

Michael D: Fair enough. I was just pointing out that absence from the scripture does not necessarily give one a free ticket to everywhere, so to speak. Paul said it this way... All things are lawful to me but all things are not expedient... And again ... all things are lawful, but I will not be brought under the power of any... Those are signs of real Christian maturity.

Michael D: Glenn and Izzy, I have a question?  If it is not in the Bible gives one the opportunity to decide whether to or not to, yes. But should there not be other criteria in deciding what to do in those situations? For instance, does it bring spiritual edification and does it fit in with sound biblical principle? A good example is the practice of ...pleading the blood of Jesus.... Personally, I can't find any ground for doing that in the scripture, so I don't do it. My feeling is that it is of limited, if any use at all. What I understand the scripture to be saying is that the blood of Jesus has given us certain rights and priviledges, and absolute authority against the enemy. Using the authority and enforcing those rights and priviledges are the way I see the scripture teaching us to appropr iate the value of the blood of Jesus, but just pleading the blood doesn't seem to be accurate... What do you all think?
  ShieldsFamily <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Glenn, I think you are right on in this statement. Izzy

  I believe if it's not in the Bible then I am free to do it or not do it.