Izzy wrote:
> David, Obviously the one who obeyed the law
> of love. That's what Jesus taught; we should do
> good on the Sabbath.
> David, BTW, that was not my point: My point
> was that we cannot earn our way into heaven
> to obeying the Law. My point was that God
> does reward obedience, just the same, with
> rewards both in this life and in the next. He
> also judges disobedience. Whether you are
> a Christian or not.

Izzy, we are definitely on the same page, as your answers affirm.  My
parable was pointing out what I meant by the one who thinks he has reward
with God from his literal keeping of the letter of the law.  In your answer,
you show a motivation by love, which comes from the Spirit, rather than a
motivation which comes from observance of the letter of the law.  I don't
think everyone would have answered so readily as you, and I suspect even
Marlin would squirm a little in replying to that little parable.  Marlin,
can you give us some feedback?  We don't want to put words in your mouth.
Do you readily answer in the same way as Izzy, or do you have a different
answer, or do you simply prefer not to answer?  :-)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA