-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Charles P. Locke
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 3:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] The Law

Izzy, please stick with me and read my entire post.

  I do not believe that Joseph Smith received any revelations from God.
Either he made them up and subsequently came to believe them (perhaps in

order to keep from being lynched by the large number of followers his
little
prank had collected), or he was delusional, or his revelation was from
Satan.

   It is a known fact that he dabbled with divination. Is it more than
coincidental that he was a "peeper", that is, claimed to be able to find

buried treasure by looking into a "seer" stone (his arrest record for
bilking farmers using this method is recorded and has been published for

review), and that he also used two "seer stones" to "interpret" the
"gold
plates"? Why do the LDS overlook this?

   Is it coincidental that the "translated" BoM contains entire chapters
and
verses copied verbatim from the KJV? The book is obviously a fraud, and
there are other extant works that predate the BoM that are based on the
premis that ancient Hebrews populated the Americas, and are the
ancesters of
the American indians. Even BH Roberts, a very prominent LDS historian
acknowledges that enough written material existed prior to the
"translation"
of the BoM to have provided it's content through plaigerism. Why do the
LDS
overlook this?

   It is a known fact that JS and his brother Hyrum were both 33rd
degree
Freemasons. I do not know how much you know about Freemasonry, but they
use
secret handshakes, signs, passwords, penalties, and incantations in
their
ceremonies. JS shanghaied the secret ceremonies from the Freemasons and
made
it a part of the LDS "temple endowments". Since Freemasonry is
considered
occultic, Mormonism, which uses the same occultic rites, must also be
occultic. Why do the LDS overlook this?

Read Doctrine and Covenants number 132, about adultery and polygamy, and

keep in the back of your mind that while these revelations were being
"revealed" to JS, he was engaged in adultery. ("No man knows My
History", by
Fawn Brodie.) It is so ludicrous, that JS even claims that God told him
that
if his wife, Emma Smith, did not embrace polygamy that he would destroy
her.
JS obvioulsy used the redefinition of adultery, and "revelations" about
polygamy to justify his own adulterous tendencies. This, my dear
believer
friend, is against the Holy Scripture, and was only for the benefit of
saving JS from being an adulterer in the "church" (I hate to besmirch
the
word) that he created. Not only did he have the audacity to contradict
the
Holy Scripture, but to claim that this is a "new covenant" with God.
That is
blasphemous, evil, and sinful at it's very core. This alone should raise
red flag to the LDS, but since they place more importance on the
heretical
works of JS that the Holy Scripture, they have gone astray. There is not
single LDS member today that will tell you that polygamy is a sin. They
will
only state that "we don't practice polygamy today", but they have to
beleive
it is still a new covenant with God, otherwise they are not true LDS
believers. Why do the lds overlook this?

So, I believe that God does reveal many things to individual believers
on an
individual and personal basis, but I do not believe that he has
delivered
any revelation upon which new doctrine can be based, or that would
change
anything that has already been written by the Apostles. That is what I
mean
when I say that the BoM, D&C, do not add one iota to the gospel,
regardless
of what the LDS claim. The gospel is Holy, perfect, and complete as
written.

I'll tell you why the LDS overlooks these things. Because to cast doubt
on
the church means to 1) be disfellowshipped from the "one true church",
be castigated and looked down upon by all of your family and close
friends,
and 3) to lose the opportunity to become a God. Becoming a god is the
very
thing that Satan's pride caused him to want, and caused his fall; Eve's
pride caused her to want to be god, and also caused her fall, and the
LDS'
pride causes them to want to be gods today, and is thier fall. And,
since
Satan is the father of lies, what more can I say?

Izzy,  hope this helps clarify the kind of "revelation" that JS
received. If
you are looking for a word to classify this type of revelation, lets use

"lies".

Perry