> Romans chapter 7 describes how the law ministers condemnation and death.  Do
> you see and acknowledge this?  I'm talking about when the mom says don't
> take any cookies and the kid takes the cookies.  As he gets older he finds
> himeself thinking that he ought to honor his mother and not do that, but he
> ends up disappointing his mother anyway.  The power of the will is not
> sufficient to prevent sin forever.  Only the Spirit can do that, as
> explained in Romans chapter 8.  Does any of this make sense to you, or is
> this something you have never thought about before?
> David Miller

"The power of the will is not sufficient to prevent sin forever.  Only the Spirit can do that...."

I do not find that the Spirit prevents sin forever.  It provides an unction, an urging, because He that is within us is righteous.  Our will may still choose to dissobey the unction, or to follow seduction, a lie, and sin.   Our will has to do something too.  We must choose to obey.  Then with our will obey.

1JO 2:20    But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1JO 2:21    I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but
            because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

1JO 2:26    These [things] have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.
1JO 2:27    But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and
            ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing
            teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even
            as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

1JO 2:29    If ye know that he is righteous, ye know that every one that doeth righteousness is born of him.

--Marlin