I have no idea if the new covenant invalidates the sabbath.
 I do know that Jesus said " The sabbath was made for man,
man was not made for the sabbath.  To me, that means the
sabbath was a gift, not a chain around my neck.

I am not, and never have been under the law.  The law is of value
 to me, however, because it shows me part A of God's plan,
 and thus allows me to appreciate part B better.  It also shows
me why everyone needs a savior, since no one can keep the
law, and it gives me a good look at God's moral standards.

Since Marlin said that sin is breaking the law, and said he keeps
the law, he must not consider himself a sinner.

I sin every day in spite of my best efforts not to.  If I drive a mile over the speed limit, I sin, since the Bible instructs me to obey the rulers.  If someone insults me and I am offended, my sin is pride.
 If someone pulls out in front of me or takes a parking place that I
 wanted, and I think to myself that he is a jerk, I sin, because I am
 to love my neighbor, even my enemy.. I need a savior.  I can't even
 keep the easy ones.  You might consider these small things.
  On a scale of one to ten, adultery might be a nine, and going over
 the speed limit a one,  but they are all sins.

In a baseball game, you can swing and miss three times and be
 out.  You can even stand at the plate for three called strikes
and be out. Or you can hit the ball right down the middle to where
the center fielder has to climb the fence to catch it, and still
be out.
The one that was so close to being a home run can lose the
 game just as easily as the one who went down without even
swinging.  There is no little out and big out.  There is no
"almost safe,"  and there is no inconsequential sin.

 How often
do you sin, and why? Inquiring minds want to know.

Terry

From: TruthTalk@mail..TIf I might jump in here, I have a couple of questions myself:

1. Does the New Covenant invalidate the Sabbath?

2. Does the NC mean we should not try to obey God’s laws?

3. Did you ever hear Marlin say that he has never sinned, and does not need a Savior?

4. Why do you sin every day? According to the New Covenant, you don’t have to. (It’s called the Good News).

Izzy