Dear Terry,

What is sin? Sin is anything that offends or disappoints a Holy God.  It can be doing something you should not do or thinking something you should not think, or it can be not doing something you should do.

What is repentance? To repent means to turn and go in another direction.  For our purposes, it means to turn from sin, to God.

Do practicing sinners inherit the gift of eternal life?  If deliberate unrepentant sin is the pattern of your life, the answer is a resounding no.
If you sin in spite of your best efforts not to sin, those sins are covered by the blood of my Savior.  That is what that blood was shed for.  God looks at the heart.  Good thing He does, or the apostle Paul and I would be lost.  He also agonized over doing the things he so much wanted not to do.

Even deliberate sin can be forgiven if there is true repentance.

Hope this answers your questions.
Terry