Hi David, Thanks for the notes. I see what you mean by “shadow” now. However, the Passover was not one of the 10 Commandments, as was Sabbath rest. And now WE are the holy Priesthood. So, I can see how those things were superceded by Jesus. However, I don’t see how that changes the commandment to rest on the Sabbath.

What I mean by shadow is that the law is spiritual but casts a shadow into

the natural.  People can follow the shadow and thereby illustrate in shadowy

form the true teaching of the law, but when that which is not shadow has

been revealed, then the shadow is not so important anymore.

Izzy wrote:

> Knowing Him should make us more observant

> of God's laws than we were before, don't you

> think???

Not just MORE observant, but completely observant.  We are complete in Him.

I’m glad to hear that. So why not rest on the Sabbath?

Izzy wrote:

> The only difference is that I don't lie awake at

> night thinking I'm going to hell when I fail--

There are plenty of people outside of Christ who do not think they are going

to hell when they fail.  Many do not believe in hell.  I don't find much

virtue in this.

Are you saying that, although Jesus is my Savior, that I should worry about going to hell when I fail???

Izzy wrote:

> Regarding the Sabbath being "holy" or "sanctified"--that

> means "set aside for holy use", as opposed to your regular

> workday. It does not mean that we cannot worship God

> every day. Everything we do should be an act of worship,

> whether we are resting or working.

You have a mixture of what traditional Christians teach and what someone

like Marlin might teach.  Marlin clearly said that the law required working

six days and not making those six days holy.  That's what he said, and he

affirmed it in his answer to me.  You are teaching something different than

Marlin here.  That's ok, I just want to make sure you see that.

Sorry, I don’t follow you here. Marlin and I agree that 6 days/week are not “holy unto the Lord”, as in set aside to rest. I also said that everything we do should be an act of worship, as in our attitude in offering up all we do to Him.

Izzy wrote:

> We were not told to worship on the Sabbath,

> but to REST.

On the contrary, the Hebrew Scriptures command holy convocations to take

place on Shabbat.

You may be right here, as far as gathering together with other Believers. But I still see worship as more than just that: it is an act of consciously doing everything (even washing the dishes) as an act of worship. That doesn’t mean that every day is a special Sabbath day, though. The difference is that we just rest on the Sabbath.

I’m really not trying to be argumentative or nit-pick. I’m just trying to come to agreement here! Is there any hope?

Izzy